Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pattern - Quick One-Skein Scarf

Looking for a scarf pattern? Look no further.

The Sky-High Scarf I found at Showing Bones has become my new go-to scarf pattern. This scarf, made with bulky weight yarn, works up super quick (I finished mine in 2 nap-times, lol...) and it looks great. Better yet, this only requires one skein of yarn - can you say super cheap Christmas present? I love the mesh - plain crochet scarfs, especially ones with chunkier yarn, seem to always turn out too bulky for me.

If you're new to crochet, I think this would make an easy beginner project to learn on.






Sky-High Scarf


Materials

Bulky Weight Yarn - I used one skein (6oz.) of Lion Brand Homespun in Painted Desert

N (9.0mm) Hook


Instructions

Ch. 17
Row 1: DC in 2nd chain from hook. DC in each stitch to end of row.

Row 2: Ch 3, turn. Skip 1st stitch, DC in next. *Ch 1, skip stitch, DC in next*. Repeat from * to end of row.

Row 3: Ch 2, turn. DC in each Ch 1 space and in top of each DC to end of row.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 until scarf reaches desired length, bind off, weave in ends. I made mine about 6 feet long.

I haven't tried this, but you can use a lighter weight yarn if you like. You just need to use the correct hook size for that yarn, and chain as many as you need to get the correct width. Make sure to start with an odd number of chains. I think it would make a nice lightweight scarf for spring.

I think I might try to make a throw or a shawl with this same pattern, maybe with some fringe...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking my pattern! Yours looks great, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete